Unit 1, Task 5.2: Soul of Communication

 In the article "Critical Thinking: The Soul of Effective Communication" Pearson TalentLens (2014), it mentions that critical thinking is the key to effective communication and without it, you will be unable to communicate clearly.

As a future leader, I do believe that critical thinking is useful in order to flesh out my thoughts. While the article likes to mention the financial benefits, I do believe that the trust you build as a result of having more rational and coherent ideas communicated to colleagues is much more important.

However, poor communication as a result of not thinking critically can only result in less reasonable instructions and ambiguity. 

Despite what I believe, companies are an entity that cares more about their financial growth. This is probably why the author decided to start with the financial losses as a result of poor communication. So if I wanted to make myself more appealing as a future leader I should practice my communication skills to show a decrease in financial losses for the company. 

Pearson TalentLens. (2014, March 25). Critical Thinking: The Soul of Effective Communication. https://talentlens.in/critical-thinking-the-soul-of-effective-communication/#:~:text=Critical%20thinking%20is%20a%20tool,in%20the%20most%20optimal%20way




Comments

Popular Posts